Tel 01875 342004
Open all year except festive period.
Jan - Dec, Mon - Fri 12 noon - 4pm. April - Oct, Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm, Sun 12noon - 5pm.
Admission charge redeemable in shop.
Founded in 1825 and originally called Milton Distillery major reconstruction in 1898 with further expansion in 1914. Closed between 1853 and 1880. One of United Distillers Classic Malts. Glenkinchie is distilled using a pair of stills not the traditional lowland method. The pair of stills produce 1800000 litres of whisky per annum. The wash still is probably the largest in Scotland at 31000 litres the capacity of the spirit still being 21000 litres. The visitor centre contains the Museum of Malt Whisky Production which opened in 1968. Within the museum is a beautiful 18.5 meter model distillery which was built in 1924 for the Empire Exhibition.
Last updated 5th December 2005