Glen Ord
refresh map

Water source Lochs nanEun and namBonnach

Glen Ord Distillery
Muir of Ord
Tel 01463 872004

Nov - Feb, Mon - Fri 11.30am - 3pm. Mar - Jun, Mon - Fri 10am - 5pm, July - Sep, Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm, Sun 12 noon - 4pm, Oct Mon - Fri 11am - 4pm. Closed festive period.
Admission charge redeemable in shop against a 70cl bottle of malt.
Children under 8 not admitted to production areas.

Founded in 1838. 1837 saw new buildings being erected which were subsequently burt down. Renovated in 1966 when number of stills were increased to 6. Formally know as Glenoran, Ord and Glenordie. Maltings were converted in 1961 to the Saladin box system and again in 1968 to a drum malting system. Consisting of 18 drums each capable of handling 30 tons of barley. These maltings supply 7 other Scotch distilleries.

Last updated 30th October 2004