refresh map

Pronounced Kline-leesh

Water source Clynemilton Burn

Clynelish Distillery
Tel 01408 623000

Nov - Easter By appointment. Easter - Sept Mon - Fri 10 am - 5pm. Oct Mon - Fri 11am - 4pm.
There is an adult admission charge which includes a discount voucher, redeemable at the distillery for a 70cl bottle of malt.

Built in 1819 at a cost of 750, by the Marquess of Stafford, later to become the first Duke of Sunderland. Reconstructed in 1896. Silent between 1931 and 1938 and again from 1941 to 1945. In 1969 a new distillery was built near by called Clynelish. For some time the whiskies were known as 'Clynelish A'(the new distillery) and 'Clynelish B'(the old distillery), until the original Clynelish was renamed Brora which finally ceasing production in 1983.

Clynelish & Brora distilleries

Clynelish distillery

Brora distillery

Last Updated 24th December 2004